Essential Oils for Shoulder Pain
People use essential oils for external treatment due to analgesic effect. Shoulder pain is similar to any pain that happens in back area because muscle stiffness. There are essential oils for shoulder pain to ease and get rid uncomfortable condition. Besides relieving pain, essential oils have properties to create relaxing effect for mind. For your information, essential oil is different from carrier one. For example, coconut and olive oils are called carrier because less essence and act as water to increase capacity. You cannot use essential oil excessively due to harsh compound.
Recommended Essential Oils for Shoulder Pain
- Peppermint. Peppermint is one of popular oils for muscle pain, including shoulder and back. Pain in shoulder comes due to bad sitting position or a lot of tension. Lifting heavy stuff also increases risk for having this paint. Peppermint has soothing effect and analgesic property to release muscle tension. As one of essential oils for shoulder pain, you can find peppermint easily at store and keep in mind that this oil is different from eucalyptus.
- Lavender. Using lavender as remedy is good choice for shoulder pain. You have several methods to apply this oil. Firstly, mix lavender oil with olive or castor oil. Spread equally on shoulder and massage gently. Secondly, pour few drops into boiling water. Let water turn into steam and use them to soothe back and head area. You may consider taking bath with mixture between lavender and warm water.
- Chamomile. Chamomile oil is good remedy to relieve pain in muscle. As similar to other oils, analgesic property enhances capability of chamomile to soothe pain. You can mix chamomile and coconut oil the spread on shoulder. Beside pain reliever, chamomile is also good getting rid of inflammation. You do not have to feel sore when inflammation appears on shoulder. It is one of recommended essential oils for shoulder pain.
- Ginger. Home, nature, or traditional remedy cannot be completed without ginger. People use ginger for many treatments, including shoulder pain. Ginger oil is available at store to help people with external treatment. Ginger oil has benefit for safe and lack of adverse effect. You can use this oil for long period. Ginger is one of the best essential oils for shoulder pain.
- Marjoram. Sedative effect in sweet marjoram is reason to put on this list. You need essential oil with capability to soother muscle alongside relaxing persona. This oil has analgesic ability to relieve muscle pain on shoulder. Besides that, you may consider use steam treatment in order to get better condition to get rid of tiredness. Marjoram is good choice for long-term usage.
Five essential oils are enough to relieve shoulder pain. Beside them, you can try sandalwood, cayenne, eucalyptus, juniper, and clary sage. They are available at stores at your surrounding or neighborhood. Each of oils has similar analgesic property to soothe pain. Before try them, read instruction to prevent adverse effect. Some of them are not recommended for children and pregnant women. Therefore, essential oils for shoulder pain are solution to get better condition.