How to Get Rid of Edema Naturally
Tired of Edema? Get Rid of It Naturally with These Tips!
There are many homemade remedies that can be used to treat edema or symptoms of one. Swelling in the legs is often caused by this condition. Also known as water retention, edema occurs when there is an excessive amount of fluid accumulating beneath the skin at some spot of the body, which resulted into a swelling. Often occurs in the feet or legs, it could also occur in any other spot of the body, even in inside of it where it can go unnoticed. Usually, you can tell whether you have an edema or not by noticing a swollen spot on your body and the skin covering it might look shiny and stretched. The thing about edema is that it does not only leaves unsightly appearance on your body, but it may also make you uncomfortable and restricted in movement. For example, if your limbs are the one that swell, it is easy to encounter trouble when you’re moving them. It is worse when it is on the inside, like edema on the lungs, for example, as it can render you some serious breathing problems.
However, the good news is that there are plenty of ways of treating edema, and you can even learn how to get rid of edema naturally by using some tried and true homemade remedies. How to get rid of edema naturally can also be implemented when it comes to treating severe edema. Some medicine that triggers the draining of excessive fluid can help treating cases of edema. However, as it is good to know how to get rid of edema naturally, it is even better to discover about its root cause first, and to attack it right on the source. If your edema is mild, you can typically get rid of them by yourself. However, it is always worth to see your doctor to be sure whether they are underlying medical causes behind it or not. Then, you can also use your knowledge on how to get rid of edema naturally to encourage the draining of the accumulated fluid and get rid of it for good.
What Are the Causes of Edema?
Edema in general occurs when capillaries (the tiny blood vessels in our body) leak some fluid, causing it to build up in the tissues surrounding, which leads to swelling. However, there are several things that may increase the risk of this leaking, such as:
• Premenstrual symptoms
• Consuming too much of a salty food
• As well staying or sitting in one position for too long.
There are also certain medications that might cause edema, such as those used to treat some particular cases of diabetes, estrogens-related problems, high blood pressure, and even NSAIDs or non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs. However, there are also some serious causes behind edema, such as
• Kidney disease
• Congestive heart failure
• Thyroid disease
• Chronic venous insufficiency or deep vein thrombosis, damaged or weak leg veins.
• The failure of inadequate lymphatic system.
This is why it is actually important to see your doctor if you are experiencing symptoms of edema or edema in any form, just to make sure that you don’t have an underlying medical problems behind it. Knowing how to get rid of edema naturally is important, and you need to do it fast, no matter what the cause is. Any build-up of fluid can take its toll on your kidneys and heart, which in the end, can lead into a long-term medical problems or damage.
Mild forms of edema will typically go away on their own, particularly if you raise the limb above the heart for a certain amount of time each day. Standard at-home remedies to help the edema disappear include:
• Movement: Moving swollen parts of your body can help moving the fluid back to the heart and out of your body. Make sure to exercise regularly to help keeping the edema away.
• Elevation: If the edema occurs in your legs, you are told to prop them on a pillow or up in an easy chair somehow at a higher level than the location to encourage the drainage of the fluid. If the edema is in your arms or hands, you should hold them above the position of your heart for about half an hour 3 times each day.
• Massage: Massaging also works to treat edema. In order to push the fluid towards your heart and remove it, gently stroke-massage the swollen part.
• Compression: Compression sleeves, gloves, stockings help to keep the pressure on the limbs in order to prevent the build-up fluid from accumulated in the tissue.
• Consume low-salt diet: Those who consume highly salty diet exposed to an increased risk of getting edema because of excessive sodium that leads into an imbalance of electrolyte. This may overtax the function of the kidneys and causing a part of your body to experience water retention. Reducing the consumption of salty foods help reducing the risk of edema.
• Stop your smoking habit: Smoking may cause edema to occur in the lungs, therefore, stopping it might help
• Replacing your medications: if it turns out that your medication is the cause of your edema, then naturally, you need to change some of your medications.
In addition to these standard steps, there are some other holistic remedies that can help the treatment.
Holistic Remedies for Edema
• Herbs: Some herbs are known as a sure way to how to get rid of edema naturally. After all, some herbs act as natural diuretics and can help encourage the drainage of accumulated fluid. Liquorice root, dandelions, and even elderberries are some the herbs that help to treat edema
• Vitamin B6 is a vitamin that has natural diuretic quality. Taking supplement of vitamin B6 twice every day might help.
• Stay Hydrated: while it might seem counterintuitive, you need to drink more because your body responds by getting rid of excessive fluid as well as other forms of waste, which can help reduce swelling.
• Consume Diuretic foods: Try consume more artichokes, parsley, celery, and grapes. Those are some good examples of diuretic foods. Other choices include cranberry juice, green tea, asparagus, cabbage, oats, and beets. Dandelion greens can help the body metabolizing excessive fluids and are also considered a great pick to cure edema.
Those are some of the fine example of holistic remedies in how to get rid of edema naturally. Hope these tips are helpful!