What Essential Oils Are Good For Colds
You know you are about to get cold when you start to have a few pains, aches and a scratchy throat. In no time, you will have a feeling of exhaustion and runny nose. But do you know that there are some oils that can help you cure it. Let’s find out what essential oils are good for colds. What these oils do is to help your body to strengthen the immune system and to fight off the infection. Naturally, it can improve immune system against infections, fungi and bacteria. Therefore, it makes a perfect choice use one or more of these essential oils.
Best Essential Oils for Colds
- Tea Tree. Tea tree is the first oil on the list of what essential oils are good for colds. This essential oil is extracted from the Melalueca or tea tree which is native to New South Wales and Southeast Queensland in Australia. This particular oil is rich in antiviral, antiseptic, antimicrobial and antibacterial properties. It can be used as inhaler or to be mixed in your bath. It will help to fight the congestion.
- Pine. As the name suggest, pine essential oil is derived from pine trees which is also known as Pinus Sylvestris. It makes a great essential oil to help clearing nasal passages. And, it is also effective to relieve the sore throat pain.
- Lavender. Here is the other effective oil included in the list of what essential oils are good for colds. Lavender doesn’t only have great smell but also great properties to help cure the cold. Naturally, it has antimicrobial and antiseptic properties. Apparently, it also makes a great essential oil for children. Therefore, you can give it to your kids without any worries.
- Thyme. Peppermint isn’t only popular to be used for cooking but is also popular to be used to cure the colds. It is oil that has been widely used by the aromatherapists. Usually, they mix it with other essential oils like lemon, eucalyptus and tea tree oil. It can be used as inhaler or to be put in the bath. Just like most other essential oils, this particular oil is rich in antibacterial and antiseptic properties. However, for a person with high blood pressure, it is not allowed to be used.
- Lemon. Lemon makes another effective essential oil for cold. Thanks to its high vitamin content that it can boost the immune system. At the same time, it also stimulates the white blood cells production. As a result, your body’s ability in fighting off the illness is increased. The use of this oil can also improve the circulation.
- Eucalyptus. The eucalyptus is the other oil in the list of what essential oils are good for colds. It is rich in decongestant and antiviral to help treating the congestion and cold. It is recommended to use this oil in steam inhaler. This way, it will be easier for this oil to open any blocked nasal passages. The use of this oil can also fight off the bacteria and soothe inflammation.
- Rosemary. Rosemary, an essential oil rich in antimicrobial and antiseptic properties is effective to relieve discomfort and congestion. It is usually mixed with eucalyptus and lemon oil to be used to massage the temples, cheekbones and nose. It is definitely one of the best oils in the list of what essential oils are good for colds.