Bee Sting Relief Home Remedies
Of one or other unexpected reason, you might have experience of getting bee sting. Bee sting is not only itchy, but also painful as well. Aside from taking over the counter medicine, you can use natural remedies for it. Before we are going to talk about bee sting relief home remedies, it is important to take note that some bee species are able to give fatal effects. The common symptoms caused by bee sting is swollen and redness. It is often followed by itching and painful sensation. People who are suffering from anaphylaxis often experience dizziness and faint. Here are some home remedies that you can use on emergency after stinging by bee.
List of Bee Sting Relief Home Remedies
- Apple cider vinegar. Apple cider vinegar is well known for its diverse health benefits. One of those health benefits is to reduce the pain caused by bee sting. It is categorized as bee sting relief home remedies due to its ability to neutralize the venom injected by bee. All you need to do is soak the stung area into basin filled with apple cider vinegar. Alternatively, you can also use cloth that has been soaked into apple cider vinegar. Wrap it around the infected area.
- Baking soda. The next remedy listed on the bee sting relief home remedies is baking soda. This remedy can be found easily in most kitchens. As it goes with apple cider vinegar, baking soda is able to neutralized bee venom as well. Smear baking soda paste over the infected area. Wrap the baking soda paste for few minutes. Wash it with clean water afterwards. The pain and itchiness from bee sting should be gone immediately.
- Honey. As it goes with apple cider vinegar, the offers multiple health benefits due to the beneficial substances it contains. It is interesting to mention that the pain caused by bee can be healed by honey, which is a product by bee. Aside from relieving the pain of bee sting, it also reduces the itching as well. The treatment only needs a small amount of honey. Apply this honey on the affected area for an hour. Do not forget to cover it with bandage.
- Toothpaste. Instead of using toothpaste to clean up your teeth, you can use it for bee sting situation. As part of bee sting relief home remedies, toothpaste is able to fight acidic substance of bee sting. The bee sting venom will be neutralized. As a result, the bee sting is no longer producing painful sensation. It is replaced by minty and refreshing effect of toothpaste.
- Lavender essential oil. If you do not have lavender essential oil in your disposal, you can purchase it nearby shops. Lavender essential oil is not only available to take care of the pain caused by bee sting, but also neutralized the pain as well. All you need to do to take advantage of this situation is simply applying the lavender essential oil in the stung area. It is one of the bee sting relief home remedies that you can try at home.