Do Cockroaches Bite?
Do Cockroaches Bite human? Have you ever see the red mark in your skin when you wake up in the morning? You can expect that it due to bite from bedbugs or from cockroach bites. However, cockroach only bites human when they have chance, in the night. The cockroach bite is not painful as they not see that we are their food source. They just bite when they feel that they are threatened. In addition, they knew as omnivore scavenger that eats just anything. When cockroaches bite, they are usually bite at part of feet, fingernails, eyelashes, and hands. The cockroach’s bite does not mean that they really want to bites you. They are looking for food and may be you have not clean your body part so they bite you as they have strong smell to food source. The bites most common found at night when people do not clean food remaining in hand or mouth.
Which Cockroach Species that Bite Human?
There are many species of cockroach that found. Almost of cockroach species are able to bite humas. However, there are three species that mostly known as human biting animal. They are german cockroach, Periplaneta australasiae, and periplaneta American.
- American cockroach is the largest cockroach population that encounter to human construction. This cockroach is growing into average length of 4 cm and this usually found at larger commercial building such as restaurants and grocery market or stores. The American cockroach lives in outdoors in warmer climate. In heavy rains season, they will migrate and over taken a building.
- German cockroach. This is cockroach that lives inside the residence and built large population of cockroach infestation. Mostly it found at kitchen, under stove and dishwasher, and freezer.
How to Prevent Cockroach Bites?
Before you sleep, ensure that there are no left foods remaining inside on your room or house. This can attract cockroach. Although you have very clean home, you can still meet roaches in your home because it has infestation. This situation is common when there are apartments or condominium that close together and they can move through the building easily from the smallest hole or cracks. Ensure that you and your family have clean skin when going to sleep. When you need to buy cockroach control product, choose that safe for your pets and children.
How to Treat Cockroaches Bite?
If you feel that you have bite by cockroach, then you need to do these following treatments.
- Cleaning your wound. Take cotton swab and dip into alcohol for treating the bite. The cockroach bite can get infected, bigger and also swell. It is important for killing the bacteria before it get infected. Avoid scratch the wound as it can causes infection.
- Consult to your doctor if you get infection at your wound. If it is getting infected, then you need to buy anti-bacterial medicine.
- Symptom that might appear when you bite with cockroaches can varies. When you bite by cockroach, you might fell any allergic reactions because the immune system reacts to any saliva, feces and cockroach body. You can meet with itchy skin, throat and nose. You also can home remedies such as aloe gel, lemon juice, and tea bags.
Method for Ccockroach Infestation Prevention
It is generous opinion that keeping your house always clean will prevent your house from cockroach. It is not absolutely true. There is no one that can identify that they has bring egg of cockroach. Just only 1 egg of the cockroach, they can build infestation to your house. Here are some prevention tips that you can use for prevent infestation of cockroach.
- Limit the area that have high moisture and humidity
- Eliminate the cockroach food source. You need to eliminate the grease spills in around kitchen counter and stove. Pay attention more into debris of food that leaves in under kitchen utensils and appliances.
- Check if there is any sign of cockroach in any packages such as boxes or grocery bags.
- Recycle anything such as boxes, newspaper, cardboard material and magazine in regularly.
With this regular inspection you can prevent any cockroach infestation as early as possible. You also can call for professional cockroach treatment soon when you see the signs for the cockroach infestation.