5 Best Essential Oils for Fire Ant Bites
It is important to give protection to your body from the potentially harmful effects of insect bites. The moment an ant bites, it infuses venom or other chemicals and germs into your body. Although only a small percent of people get serious counteractions to fire ant venom, it can certainly trigger an allergy depending upon how sensitive your skin is. Essential oils provide a reliable and natural method to minimize the problems of fire ant bites. Here in this article we’ll start by noting off the very best essential oils for fire ant bites. This is where you will discover the most effective natural fire ant treatments for real family self-defense.
- Spearmint Essential Oil. Spearmint essential oil is a reliable insecticide and helps keep away fire ants. Its scent is identical to that of peppermint, due to the existence of menthol; its menthol content is imperceptible as compared to that of peppermint oil. You need that calming sensation on your burning skin, and this oil can really help. It can be safely and securely used on the skin layer for defense versus fire ant bites. Generally, there are no reported real dangers of utilizing this essential oil, however as an emenagogue, it should not be used by pregnant women.
- Tea Tree Essential Oil. Among the most favored natural home remedy for ant bites is tea tree oil. It provides a nice camphor aroma and is consisted of over 100 components. The properties of tea tree oil absorb into an ant’s exoskeleton upon contact and stifle them. Because of this, tea tree oil is a typical natural home remedy versus fire ant problems, as an option to chemical repellents on family pets and people, as well as in protecting patio or gardens. The ideal technique of using tea tree oil to fight fire ants is diluting 10 drops of oil in a bottle and splashing the fire ants track.
- Manuka Essential Oil. Manuka essential oil has strong antibacterial, antifungal and anti-bacterial properties. The essential oil is distilled from the leaves and branches with the very best oil coming from plants that are grown at high elevation (high elevation plants are more anti-bacterial than those grown at lower elevation). It has the Leptospermone and can be utilized as a bug spray and to relieve fire ant stings and bites.
- Eucalyptus Essential Oil. Eucalyptus has first-rate antibacterial qualities, protecting ant bite or sting from becoming afflicted. It has a lovely aroma and feels with no plasticizing properties. Similar to other essential oils, it can trigger skin irritation in higher concentrations. Do not applied on kids younger than 4 years of ages.
- Citronella Essential Oil. Citronella essential oil has been noted for usage as a plant-based bug spray since 1948. When used by itself with no other ingredients, citronella seems to be the least powerful oil. Adding soybean oil as well as other essential oils to citronella is most likely to increase self-defense time compared with citronella oil alone. Citronella essential oil is a helpful natural fire ant bites most especially for children, and adults with delicate skin.