Another thing that could be affecting or triggering your eczema is your diet. Eczema could be triggered by certain foods just like allergies (also read: Can Allergies Cause Sore Throat And Ear Pain)
. Read on to find out how to get rid of eczema by taking on a special eczema diet.
- Dairy products are major contributors to eczema breakouts. If possible remove any dairy product from your diet altogether.
- Try to remove regular meat from your diet for a few days and try organic, grass fed animal meat instead. See how this change has affected your eczema.
- Eat more dark green leafy vegetables, fruits and nuts. Vegetable juices are also good for your body. Try blending celery, cucumber and kale with some honey and drink up. If vegetable juices are not your thing fruit juices will do. Blend together berries and oranges and include the pulp to add fiber into your diet. If there is one thing you should know about how to get rid of eczema its increasing your intake of dark green leafy vegetables.
- Eat foods rich in probiotics. Fermented foods like sauerkraut and water kefir are rich in probiotics.
- Hydrate yourself often and avoid diuretics like coffee and caffeine rich foods and drinks. Drink plenty of water throughout the day and make sure you are always hydrated.
- Reduce your intake of artificial sweeteners and diet anything. Low fat or fat free foods are processed and have added ingredients to make them more palatable. Don’t be fooled by these things as they can trigger your eczema.
- Try removing or significantly reducing your intake of strong acid producing foods like beef, chicken and pork.
- Remove gluten rich foods from your diet. These can be found in breads, cereals and processed foods.
- Avoid processed foods altogether. Processed foods can contain artificial flavors and added chemicals that give them a longer shelf life that naturally grown food. Processed food also contains huge amounts of salt and preservatives.
- Eat raw fruits and vegetables as much as possible. Raw means not roasted, not dipped in sauces and not adding sugar or oil. Eat apples, cherries, peaches and oranges for breakfast. For lunch and dinner make sure that your vegetable serving is bigger than your meat. Munch on Brussel sprouts, broccoli, kale, spinach and other dark green vegetables.
- Fish rich in Omega 3 fatty acids are good for your health and your eczema. Salmon is a good source of Omega 3.
How to get rid of eczema depends greatly on your diet and treatment. You should follow your doctor’s instructions and change your diet to avoid triggers of eczema. You should also supplement your diet with vitamins and minerals like magnesium, vitamins A, C, and E and zinc.
Having eczema is not the end of the world. You shouldn’t have to hide inside the house or cover yourself with long loose clothing in order to avoid stares and questions as to why you are always itchy and red. By now you have learned how to get rid of eczema with natural and medicinal methods. Use the knowledge you have gained to manage your eczema and live a normal, healthy life.
Related images to: How to Get Rid of Eczema