Essential Oil to Stop Itching
Itching is an irritating urge that makes you want to scratch your skin. You can use essential oil to stop itching. There are several reasons why people are itching. Bacterial infection, infestation, bug bite, and allergy are among any other reasons causing itching sensation. As it goes with most health problem, itching also has some symptoms. Bumps, blisters, redness, and rash are only some of those symptoms. Even though scratching the itching skin is oddly satisfying, it is not recommended. If you scratch it too hard, you might end up tearing your skin. It is potentially leading up to further infection. This is where essential oil comes to play.
The List of Essential Oil to Stop Itching
- Lemon. Lemon essential oil is highly recommended for itching caused by allergies. The allergic reaction causing itching sensation in your skin is reduced. Aside from reducing the allergic reaction, lemon essential oil is also able to alleviate the inflammation. Inflammation is common symptoms following the allergic itching. You can also rely on lemon essential oil to stop itching caused by bacterial and fungal infection as well. To enhance its health benefit, you can mix it with lavender or peppermint essential oil.
- Lavender. If you are looking for essential oil to stop itching, you can go for lavender essential oil. This popular essential oil is not only well known for its pleasant scent, but also the healing properties as well. Since you can get it easily in the market, it is advisable to purchase it just in case. It is rich of antibacterial and anti-fungal agents. Apply lavender essential oil in the itching skin area to kill the bacteria and fungus causing it.
- Chamomile. Aside from lavender, chamomile essential oil is also extracted from flower as well. Chamomile is long known ingredient for relaxation. However, it can also be used on itching treatment as well. The chamomile essential oil helps to get rid of itching caused by dry skin. It is also recommended for people who are suffering from scalp itch as well.
- Geranium. The recommended essential oil to stop itching caused by bug bites is geranium essential oil. Geranium essential oil is also used to prevent itching on the first place. The substances contained in essential oil work as insect repellent. You can apply the geranium essential oil directly to the itching area of your skin. Alternatively, you can also combine it with baking soda. It also supports the regeneration of new skin cells. Moreover, it also helps to deal with inflammation symptoms.
- Peppermint. Peppermint is notorious for its refreshing sensation. You can take advantage of this refreshing sensation for many things, including stopping itching. It works as anti-septic, anti-inflammatory, and pain relief at the same time. Itching followed with irritation, redness, and rashes can be healed with peppermint essential oil. It should come as no surprise that many people use this essential oil to stop itching. After you use peppermint essential oil, your skin will feel refreshing and relaxing.