Effective Essential Oils for Breathing Difficulties
The practice of using essential oils for breathing difficulties has been around for centuries. Essential oil is made out of extracted plant oil. People realize that each type of essential oil is effective for certain health issues, including breathing difficulties. In this article, we are going to talk about the list of essential oil and its health benefit to help your breathing difficulties. The essential oil can be used in several ways. The essential oils in types of aromatherapy can be used by adding it into diffuser. Meanwhile, the topical use of essential oil might require carrier oil as diluting agent before being used.
Essential Oils for Breathing Difficulties that You Can Try
- Basil. The first essential oil in our list is basil essential oil. As part of the essential oils for breathing difficulties, basil works effectively when being used to reduce congestion and coughing caused by allergies. Instead of using it as aromatherapy, you can add few drops of basil essential oil to your soup. The oral method of using basil essential oil improves its effectiveness to deal with the cause of allergies in the first place. If you want to use it topically, you need to dilute it with carrier oil as diluting agent. Apply it on your chest, and neck.
- Clove. Clove essential oil is well known for its ability to kill bacteria causing breathing difficulty. The upper section of human respiratory system is vulnerable to bacterial infection. It is categorized as effective essential oils for breathing difficulties not only for its antibacterial health benefit, but also for its antiseptic, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial, and antifungal health benefits. If you do not have clove essential oil, you can chew s clove bud as alternative solution.
- Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus essential oil is famous essential oil used on breathing difficulty treatment. It helps to get rid of inflammation caused by respiratory problem. It is often used in the treatment of infection happens in upper respiratory system. This section of respiratory system is vulnerable to breathing difficulties such as nasal congestion, cold, cough, and accumulation of mucus in nasal cavity. Eucalyptus essential oil contains substance called as cineole. This active agent is able to get rid of the causes for breathing difficulties.
- Rosemary, When it comes for effective essential oils for breathing difficulties, rosemary is a good option that you should try. Rosemary essential oil works by alleviating the symptoms occurs on the lower respiratory system. People who are suffering from asthma, sinus, bronchitis, cough, congestion, and other breathing difficulties are recommended using rosemary essential oil treatment. Some types of medicines are unable to deal with bacteria. Some bacteria that already resistant to medicine can be killed by using rosemary.
- Thyme. Thyme essential oil is the common essential oil that you can easily get from the market. As the last essential oil in the list of essential oils for breathing difficulties, thyme essential oil is able to help your breathing difficulty. It works by improving human immunity system. Moreover, it also has antioxidant, antimicrobial, and antibacterial properties as well.