Essential Oil for Tick Removal
Instead of using chemicals, you can use essential oil for tick removal. Chemicals have ability when it comes for tick removal. Unfortunately, it possesses some side effects. Using natural remedies such as essential oils allows you to get rid of tick without having worried about side effects. As you probably know, essential oils are extracted from plants. Therefore, it has natural substances. The scent produced by those essential oils is able to repel tick along with other insects. Here are some essential oils that you can use for tick removal. By taking advantage of the scent produced by the following essential oils, you do not have to be worried about tick and insect infestation anymore.
List of Essential Oils that You Can Use to Get Rid of Tick
- Lavender. The list of essential oil for tick removal begins with lavender. Lavender is well known for its sweet scent. The sweet scent produced by lavender is not only pleasing but also able to get rid of tick as well. Aside from tick, it is also working as insect repellent. The best part about it is that lavender essential oil prevents the development of tick by making the tick egg not hatching. You can spray lavender essential oil in the place infested by tick.
- Pennyroyal. The next essential oil for tick removal is pennyroyal. Pennyroyal essential oil is extracted from plants of mint family. Therefore, it has refreshing scent. The benefit of this essential oil to remove tick is well known for centuries. As insect repellent, you can take advantage of its benefits by sprinkling pennyroyal essential oil under the cushions, pet beds, and rugs. Leaving dried leaves of pennyroyal will also help you to solve the tick problem.
- Lemongrass. For tick repellent, nothing works better than lemongrass. The strong scent of this essential oil is able to make tick gone effectively. As you probably know, lemongrass produces citrus scent. Tick and other insect does not like this scent. They go away as you spray it on the places where they frequently come. Aside from insect repellents, it is also good for skin treatment as well. You will need diluting agent if you want to use it topically.
- Eucalyptus. Eucalyptus essential oil is famous essential oil for tick removal. As the name suggest, this essential oil is extracted from several species of Eucalyptus tree species native to Australia. In order to improve its tick repellent power, you can combine it with citronella oil. The best part about it is you can use it topically. However, you need to be caution when applied it to your pet.
- Lemon. When it comes for essential oil with strong scent, lemon is on the high-end list. It is famous due to the natural bug repellent benefits. The essential oil is extracted from lemon skin. It contains substance called as limolene. That is where the scent comes from. Spraying this essential oil for tick removal is the best way to use it. It will help to repel tick and other insects, including mosquito.