How to Calm a Sore Throat
If you are looking for how to calm a sore throat, this article will provide you with all information you need. Sore throat is definitely an annoying health issue. It prevents you from swallowing your food conveniently. The only symptom for sore throat is pain. Many things such as pollution, flu, allergy, cold, chickenpox, and many more cause sore throat. Fortunately, sore throat is easy enough to cure. Aside from taking over the counter medicine, you can also use natural remedies for it. Natural remedies have more benefits than over the counter medicine. It has better antibiotic for your sore throat. Most importantly, it does not possess any side effects at all. Here are some natural remedies that you can use to get rid of sore throat.
Home Remedies for Sore Throat
- Ginger. When it comes to health remedies used on how to calm a sore throat, ginger is the first remedy on the list. In the treatment, you will need more than honey. Prepare lemon, warm water, and honey as well. Add powdered ginger into honey, lemon juice, and warm water. Stir this mixture evenly. Use this mixture by gargling twice in a day. The ingredients for this home remedy contain antibacterial substances. Those substances are able to alleviate the pain by killing the bacteria contributed to sore throat.
- Hot Sauce. There are many ways to cure sore throat. One unique treatment that you can do is taking advantage of hot sensation from the hot sauce. This hot sensation helps to kill the bacteria in your throat. You can involve hot sauce in your daily meal. Aside from hot sauce, capsicum and cayenne pepper are also recommended for this treatment.
- Lemon. The next method that you can use on the treatment of how to calm a sore throat with natural remedy is using lemon. Extract the juice out of lemon. Use one cup of water to dilute one tablespoon of this lemon juice. Use this solution by gargling it regularly. The high acidic properties of lemon juice are able to kill bacteria and viruses causing sore throat.
- Sage. Sage is well known for its soothing properties. Creating gargling solution is popular treatment for healing sore throat. Besides sage, the recipe for this gargling solution requires brown sugar, alum, warm water, and vinegar. Combine all of those ingredients into one cup. In order to get the health benefit from this gargling solution, you need to gargle the solution when the pain relapses.
- Salt. Salt is the most common ingredients used in every kitchen. When you are not using salt for cooking purposes, you can take advantage of health benefit to alleviate the pain caused by sore throat. It is able to relieve the inflammation that often comes with sore throat as well. Pour ¼ teaspoon of salt into a cup of warm water. If you have Listerine in your disposal, you can add a tablespoon of it as well. Gargling with this solution is the easiest way on how to calm a sore throat.