How to Get Rid Of Cockroaches in Apartments
Cockroaches are identical with odor, disgusting appearance, and some diseases might come. If you already closed all the gaps and holes in your apartment yet still find cockroaches freely roaming around your apartment, it is time to follow some solutions of how to get rid of cockroaches in apartments permanently. If you are thinking of chemical insect repellent, you’d better forget it since there are some alternative options that are safer. So you don’t have to worry to poison your children, other family members, and pets.
How to Get Rid of Cockroaches in Apartments Using Safe Substances
- Cucumber Trap. The smell of cucumber is annoying for cockroaches. You can just spread the cucumber slices around the cockroaches nests or the spots where you usually find them looking for foods. Another way is put the cucumber slices as bait in the trap. You can use an aluminum can as the trap. The cucumber will react with the aluminum and produces gas that is able to kill the cockroaches.
- Baking Soda and Sugar Blend. How to get rid of cockroaches in apartments using baking soda and sugar? Baking soda and sugar blend is a powerful ‘weapon’ to battle cockroaches in your apartment. Spread the blend in the cockroaches’ favorite place. The cockroaches will be interested to eat the sugar. The sugar and baking soda are already mixed. So they also eat the baking soda and it will kill them. This is a solution if you avoid using chemical spray
- Soapy Water. Though soap is not a natural substance, it is safer than any chemical insect repellents that are poisonous and risky for children and pets. You can add two tablespoons of detergent into a glass of water and mix it well. Pour the soapy water into the spray bottle. Spray this solution to the cockroaches’ nest, gap, hole, sewer, hole, and other spots where you often find the cockroaches pass.
- Onion, Garlic, and Pepper Blend. Mix these ingredients with proportional portion and add one liter of water. Make sure the smell is strong enough. If you can’t smell it, add more the ingredients. You can sprinkle or spray this solution in the areas where the cockroaches exist, especially at night. The smell of this solution is terrible for them and makes them leave your apartment.
- Mint Oil Spray. Apply this oil as a spray to get rid of cockroaches. Spray it directly on the bathroom floor, kitchen sink, kitchen corner, and other areas where the cockroaches like to settle. Mint oil spray might not as effective as the anti-insect spray but at least, it makes the cockroaches feel insecure so they will leave your apartment soon.
Don’t hesitate to apply one of these tips regularly until you find no more cockroaches in your apartment. The solutions of how to get rid of cockroaches in apartments above will not cause any dangerous side effect since the ingredients used are natural, safe, and environment-friendly substances while the chemical cockroach controller and pesticides cause several healthy problems.