Home Remedies For Bunions Removal
Home Remedies For Bunions Removal – Hallux Valgus or Bunion (Hallux abducto valgus) is medical language, also known as stiff big toe in English. A Bunion is a lump on the base of the big toe. These bumps are formed due to the big toe joint bone deformities (first metatarsal). Hallux grow abnormally, that is skewed towards the other toes. This bone deformities may also occur in the bone joints pinkie (fifth metatarsal) called bunionette. Bunion or bunionette generally have in common, i.e. pushed fingers and form lumps. And both can appear together. Bunion does not cause death, but pain and sore caused can make sufferers very tormented, for example, burning sensation, swelling and sores on bumps, and disorders of the sole of the foot that causes an imbalance when walking.
Causes of The Factor
The case of bunion is caused by many factors. Two factors that have the potential dominant in the form of lumps are behavior is hereditary.
- Heredity, the bunion is not inherited, even though a growing myth stating so. Sufferers are not born with a lump on the side of the foot, but the shape of the foot, which can be a potential for the formation of the slope toe, so it has the risk of the bunion. Heredity is 25% causes the case of a bunion.
- Behavioral Factors are influenced by habitual use of shoes and activity. The use of shoes is 48% the cause of bunions, such as high heeled shoes, shoes with front end narrowed and the wearing shoes that are too snug in the foot is a common cause of occurrence of bunions. The use of these shoes will cause each other toes pressed that eventually disturbed the condition of the joints of the thumb and pinkie toe balanced, because the two fingers are in contact directly with the shoe, so that both accept the pressure directly. In addition to the use of shoes, bunion is also caused by activities that demand a sufferer stand in quite a long time, for example, teachers, this will cause the sole of the foot is experiencing interference.
- Other factors, accounted for 27% of bunion cases:
- Hypermobility/weakness of ligaments
- Neuromuscular Dysfunction
- Biomechanical Factors (pronation)
- Stress on the feet
Types of Bunion
Types of bunion are determined by the degree of slope and sophistication.
- Mild Bunion i.e. When the slope of the big toe does not exceed 20 °
- Moderate bunion i.e. When the slope of the big toe reaches 20 °-40 °
- Severe Bunion i.e. When the slope of the big toe more than 40 °
- Complex Bunion: with a high level of complexity, can be caused by the growing lump in some parts of the foot, also due to a mechanical disorders of the feet.
Bunion Symptoms and Detections
Bunion detection needs to be done in order to prevent the more awful lumps because of bunions can not be lost.
- A bunion is a progressive disease. Bumps on legs occur in 4 stages. Each sufferer has a different speed on the level of the slope. Bone deformities are more beginning in the early age of 40 ‘ 50 ‘s’ and ‘ 60s. Therefore, 90% of bunion cases is found in middle-aged women. But by no means, young age is independent of the case of a bunion. 2% of a bunion cases occur in young women, because bone deformities occur in early age of 10. The young bunion case can be caused by hereditary factors and this case may also be caused by a condition of the sufferers when toddlers i.e. In consequence of the position of the legs when learning about walking, meaning that the pressure brought about by uneven weight where the joints of the thumb receives a lot of foot load. This condition because the body leaning forward. Wearing shoes that fit at foot and the activity will aggravate young bunion. The case of young bunion start found on the child’s age of 14 years.
- Check the presence of Hallux valgus sufferers in your family, especially mom’s line, because 72% of the bunion cases are inherited from the mother’s line. If in your family, there is some sufferers Hallux valgus, you have also the risk, so you need the inspection of your foot to podiatries for early prevention.
- The emergence of calluses on the soles of the front feet.
- Symptoms need to look out for are:
- The formation of bumps on the outer side of the big toe.
- Swelling in the Hallux joints
- Pain or stiffness of joints of Hallux
- Difficulty moving the big toe
Home Remedies For Bunions Removal
- Corticosteroids, that is an injection of corticosteroids, may be useful in treating inflammation of the bursa (the fluid pockets located around joints) which sometimes appeared with the bunion. But this type of treatment is rarely done.
- Using tools to straighten the back position of the big toe. This tool will be effective for mild bunion.
- Change the style of shoes, with shoes that are adapted with foot conditions. Such shoes are specially made for bunion sufferers.
- Using the pads of the feet, that is, to reduce the friction on the foot lump
- Reduce the activity that caused the lump which cause the pain.
Image attribution: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File%3AHallux_valgus_or_bunion_02.jpg By Lamiot (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)], via Wikimedia Commons.