Best Essential Oil for Bug Bites
When you get bite from bugs, it must be itchy and can cause more serious discomfort. The common pests such as mosquitoes, ticks, chiggers, bees, and horse flies can bite you and sting. The discomfort from bug bites can be treated using the best essential oil for bug bites. This remedy is one of alternative ways to manage the symptoms as soon as possible. Essential oil usually can work great to treat most bug bites types. It reduces the pain and itching as well as prevents further symptoms.
Best Essential Oil for Bug Bites that Works Wonderfully
Since the application of essential oil may irritate your skin, it is important to dilute it before using it. Choose among the options of carrier oil like coconut, olive, or jojoba oil. Make sure you read instructions attached on the bottle. It helps you to use it in right ratio of carrier oil and essential oil. When you need to use more than 1 type of essential oil, you have to dilute it separately before you combine them. There are five kinds of essential oil discussed in this section.
- Rosemary oil. In order to treat bug bites, you could use essential oil taken from rosemary. This kind of oil is good to deal with the bug bites. It is proven to be effective due to the effect of anti-inflammatory presented by rosemary oil. Besides, you could use it for repelling bug bite or treating irritations caused by such problem. To apply the best essential oil for bug bites, simply mix this oil with peppermint, tea tree or lavender oil for more effective result. You should make sure that you properly dilute them to avoid any damage on your skin.
- Basil oil. The next list of the best essential oil for bug bites is using basil oil. Strong scent found in basil can relieve muscular tension as well as relax the body. Basil oil is quite effective to be used against bug bite. Moreover, it is also equally useful as aliments for digestive and respiratory problem. How to apply it? Prepare basil oil and then dilute it using olive oil. Do not apply it on your skin directly, not to mention if your skin is sensitive. Basil oil which has been diluted works wonderful in relieving itching and irritation of bug bites.
- Melissa essential oil. Another type of the best essential oil for bug bites is Melissa oil or also known as lemon balm. It provides calming and uplifting effect on the body due to its antiviral and antibacterial properties. It is said that Melissa oil is most effective one for scrapes, bug bites, stings, and cuts. Besides, it has antidepressant, antispasmodic, sedative, carminative, hypotensive, nervine, and emmenagogue effect in your system.
- Thyme oil. There is also thyme oil that can be used to eliminate infection as well as produce skin soothing effect. Use this kind of ingredient to avoid infection from bug bites. It contains thymol compound that gives antiseptic properties. Take thyme and eucalyptus oil to be applied on skin. You should properly dilute them in case your skin is sensitive.
- Coconut oil. The last ingredient of the best essential oil for bug bites coconut oil. If other essential oil above is not available, surprisingly you can treat bug bites using coconut oil. The antibacterial properties of coconut oil can reduce inflammation and itching. You could mix this oil with tea tree or lavender oil.