Top Essential Oils for Toothache Pain
Toothache is always a painful experience that it even makes you unable to sleep, eat and do any other activities you usually do. Relieving this intense pain is very important so you can return to normal living. Usually, the dentist is the first place you visit but there are essential oils for toothache pain that can be your first remedies before you go to the dentist. These oils can be effective in relieving the pain and are very cheap to afford. This way, you may not have to go to the dentist just to relieve the pain. However, it is not a permanent solution because you still have to see dentist to address the sources of the pain.
5 Best Essential Oils for Toothache Pain
- Clove Oil. Let’s reveal the first oil among the recommended essential oils for toothache pain. The clove oil is recommended due to its eugenol which is a particular property used in dental filler and cement. It also contains of antibacterial and analgesic properties to prevent and also fight infection. It has been officially approved as topical antiseptic and anesthetic by German Commission E. What you need to do to use this oil is to simply apply it on affected tooth by using cotton swab. It aims to reduce inflammation and ease the pain. However, make sure to not swallow it. And, stop the use if the irritation occurs.
- Peppermint Oil. This is the second on the list of the best essential oils for toothache pain. This oil is found in chewing gum and toothpaste. Based on a research done by Medical Center in University of Maryland, this oil is proven to be an effective antiviral and antibacterial. It is also an ideal temperature treatment as it contains of mild anesthetic properties. However, children are now allowed use the pure peppermint essential oil. Make sure to be aware of any irritation or allergic reaction because it is a sign that you should discontinue the use.
- Tea Tree Oil. Here is another recommended essential oil. The history has shown that the Aborigines have been using this oil to treat infections. This is the magic oil as it contains of various properties including antifungal, antiviral and antibacterial. With these properties, it causes mild anesthetic effect. To use it, you can simply apply it on affected tooth. However, you should not shallow it. Make sure to be aware of any allergic reactions or irritations.
- Lavender Oil. This oil is among the best essential oils for toothache pain. At the same time, it also supports the body to fight infection that causes the pain. Based on the research, it has been proven to be effective to destroy certain bacteria types. Simply apply it on the affected tooth to ease discomfort and pain.
- Cinnamon Oil. Cinnamon oil is also the ideal oil among the effective essential oils for toothache pain. It is great oil used for oral care. It works but on gum and teeth. At the same time, it also prevents gingivitis and gum disease thanks to its strong antifungal and antibacterial properties.