How to Get Rid of Weevils in My Bedroom?
Weevils may not be dangerous but having them around can be a bit disgusting. Do you want to learn how to get rid of weevils in my bedroom, provided that they are in your personal space? How can they get into the room from the first place, after all? Let’s view some of the potential possibilities and find the perfect solutions for your issue.
How to Get Rid of Weevils in My Bedroom, Some Smart Moves
Weevil is a type of insects living in rice or foods. They are not easily spotted as people often have consumed the weevils by accident and they don’t realize it until it is too late. You don’t want it happening to you, right? It would be too gross! So, what kind of things to do when you want to treat the problem thoroughly and effectively?
- Remove the Foods. Weevils will be present in contaminated foods. If you spot the insects inside the bedroom, maybe you should check into your personal hygiene and priority. The bedroom, after all, isn’t exactly the room for eating. Once you bring foods inside the bedroom, you are putting the room into a hygienic risk. The best way is to check on your food supply and remove the potential contaminated foods. You need to check the entire stash, including the pantry and cupboard. If you are uncertain about some foods, simply discard them. It is not worth risking the possible infestation that may happen in the future. Once you have discarded and removed them, gather them up in the garbage plastic and take it outside. It would be a good idea to take the trash further as far as possible from the house.
- Clean the House. Removing all the possible contaminated items won’t be effective if you don’t follow it up with thorough cleaning. Be ‘Cinderella’ and perform a thorough cleaning from up to bottom. Not only you need to remove the contaminants, you also need to vacuum all the spots. If you have the time (and energy), mop them. Replace any lining papers. Remove any damp items or spots. It will be tiring but it will be worth it.
- Use Hot and Cold Methods. The combination of hot and cold will be one of the effective methods in how to get rid of weevils in my bedroom. Freezing the food will be one of the best ways to prevent such thing from happening. Cookies, grits, flour, corn meal, and oats can be frozen. The cold will prevent the weevils, larvae, or eggs from developing or hatching. If you don’t really like the cold, consider the heat. A heat treatment will prevent any eggs or larvae from happening. Although the heat treatment is possible for all kinds of foods, it may not be suitable for certain items, like fine grained items (such as flour) or gardening seeds.
A regular cleanup of the cupboard will prevent any weevil existence. And most importantly, don’t bring foods to your bedroom. You can also purchase some of the brands or products designed to prevent the issue. Now that you know how to get rid of weevils in my bedroom effectively, you know how to prevent it from the beginning, right?
- How To Get Rid Of Bed Bugs In Your Home
- How To Get Rid Of Boxelder Bugs Permanently
- How To Get Rid Of Waterbugs Permanently