Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Mice
Is your house infested by mice? Is your life annoyed by their presence? What kind of natural remedies to get rid of mice that can actually work effectively without causing you side effects? You may be surprised to find out that there are myriads of natural alternatives that can be used to repel the annoying creature without harming them. So, what are they?
Natural Remedies to Get Rid of Mice, Some of the Best Solutions
- Peppermint oil. Wait, seriously? Can we use peppermint oil with its nice and soothing smell? Well, it may be nice and soothing for you but not for the mice. In fact, the peppermint oil smell is so potent and strong that will deter the mice away. Feel free to have some drops of the oil on the cotton balls and place them on entryways – the kitchen cabinets, the windows, the doors, and such places. If you can’t use the peppermint oil, use the peppermint toothpaste or leaves. Be sure to use the pure one, though.
- Instant Potato. The instant flakes of mashed potatoes can work like a charm too. Simply sprinkle them on some suspected entry points or areas where the mice are at. The mice will eat the flakes in a large abundance because the flakes seem small. But once the flakes are inside the stomach, they will expand, killing the mice from inside. This is a fairly effective way to get rid of the mice without using chemical and poisonous items.
- Steel Wool. You can patch any holes or cracks with the steel wool. Using it is fairly easy; all you have to do is to stick it to the cracks or crevices. If you want to hold it in place, use a little silicone with it. The mice will try to eat the wool but the steel substance will irritate their teeth which will actually harm them. Patching any holes or cracks will also help. There are lots of substances and materials that can be used to patch the holes and cracks. It will take you to perform an overall inspection but it will worth your time and efforts, for sure.
- Natural Predator. The other natural remedies to get rid of mice are to use the natural enemies of the mice themselves. Cats, for a start, will be a good addition for the house pets, not to mention that they can help getting rid of the mice effectively. Cats and mice are natural enemies as they hate each other. Cats will try finding the mice relentlessly. Mice, noticing the smell of their nemesis, will run down the hills and go away. It would be a good idea to have cats for pets. Or if you don’t really like cats, consider the owls.
- Cats’ Litter. You are allowed to place the cats’ litter box near the entryways to ‘warn’ off the mice about the cats’ existence, pretending that there are cats inside the house. But if you are disgusted with the smell itself, it can be a problem for you.
Basically, there are so many natural solutions and remedies that you are welcomed to try, depending on your conditions and what kind of treatments you want to have. These natural remedies to get rid of mice can work effectively when done right.