Some Other Useful Tips
If those tips, guidelines, and remedies aren’t to your liking, maybe you’ll find something better below.
- A hot bath will relieve the pain. Immerse yourself in hot water in order to help your muscles relax and boost your circulation. Submerge in warm water for about 15-20 minutes to get results.
- A massage on the stomach will lessen the stomach cramping. Only apply light pressure to aid in reducing the constriction of your stomach muscles. Massage the painful areas, especially the lower abdomen. With your two fingers, massage your stomach in a circular motion, moving to your upper and lower abdomen.
- When asked on ways on how to get rid of stomach cramps, some immediately reply with these two words – hot compress. Heat will help in reducing the cramping of your stomach. Place hot water in a bottle and place it on the area which is experiencing the most pain. Lie down while doing this for best results.
- Here’s another excellent way on how to get rid of stomach cramps – passing gas out of your body. If you are in a crowded area, find some place where no one will smell the odor. It sounds embarrassing but this will really help in getting rid of too much gas in your body. Remember, you will experience bloating if you have excess gas, resulting to increased pain in your body.
- Exercise. It may be hard to do an exercise while feeling discomfort in your stomach but this will really help you out. Have a walk in the garden or in a park near your house. Sometimes, you can’t just sit and lie down when you feel pain so you need to walk it out.
- Smoking is also one reason why you feel pain. So, what’s a good way on how to get rid of stomach cramps if the problem lies in smoking? Simply break the habit. When you smoke, you consume extra air which will result to more gas pains.
- Visiting the restroom is sometimes what you need when you experience stomach cramps. Bowel movement does take away the pain.
All about Medications
Of course, getting relief through natural remedies is ideal. But sometimes, you’ll just have to rely on medications.
- Take painkillers to reduce and relieve the cramping feeling. Some examples of these over-the-counter medicines are aspirin, ibuprofen, acetaminophen, and naproxen.
- Some stomach cramps are actually caused by menstrual cramps. Take medication that will help you in relieving your menstrual cramps. Also read: What Essential Oils Are Good For Menstrual Cramps
- Stomach acid could also be the cause of the painful sensation. So, in some cases, knowing how to get rid of stomach cramps is as simple as knowing when to take antacids. These antacids will help in neutralizing your stomach’s acidity. Acidity in the stomach is related to heartburn and indigestion. (Also read: Essential Oils For Stomach Ulcers)
- You may also try taking charcoal tablets. These will help lessen the pain you are feeling.
Overall, there are many ways on how to get rid of stomach cramps – and choosing among them is as easy as finding out the root cause of the pain you’re experiencing. Still, if the pain continues to linger no matter what you do (especially if it isn’t resolved in a day), don’t hesitate to visit a physician.
Related images to: how to get rid of stomach cramps