As discussed earlier, you can also develop an abscess around your tooth. Here are some of the effective “how to get rid of an abscess” tips for abscessed tooth:
- Use Garlic. Garlic is known for its antibacterial properties. Raw garlic juice can help ease the infection. Using garlic as an instant remedy is one of the best “how to get rid of an abscess” tip. This is quite easy to do. You need to crush a raw garlic clove and then squeeze it to extract the juice. Then, apply the juice on the affected area. This method is an effective way to draw out the infection.
- Oil Pulling. Oil pulling is one of the effective “how to get rid of an abscess” tip. To do this, you need to put one tablespoon of coconut oil in your mouth and do not swallow it. Just place the coconut oil in your mouth for about thirty minutes or more and then spit it out. You have to rinse it out. Then, apply some coconut oil on the open wound and leave it on. This is an amazing home remedy that really works.
- Use clove oil. Clove oil kills the bacteria and eases the infection. It is a great remedy for gum diseases. Brush the clove oil gently on the infection. But, you have to be careful in applying it. Using too much pressure will increase the pain.
- Use peppermint oil. Peppermint oil can work wonders. It can help heal an abscessed tooth! Put some peppermint oil on the affected area and you will feel instant pain relief.
- Use salt. Using salt is perhaps one of the most effective and most common “how to get rid of an abscess” tip. It is easy to do, too. Just mix a pinch of salt into a glass of warm water and gargle it. You will experience pain during the first few washes, but it will improve later on. You have to do this as many times as possible.
- Tea bag. Using tea bags is one of the most effective remedies for abscessed tooth. It is a quick pain reliever, too. All you need to do is to apply the tea bag in the infected area.
- You can also use oregano oil, apple cider vinegar, goldenseal, belladonna, Echinacea, silicea, pulsatilla, bryonia, and hepar sulphuris as instant relief.
If you have an internal abscess, the best tip for you is to drink herbal teas such as Milk Thistle, Red Clover, and Burdock. These amazing herbal teas help kills the bacteria and cleanse the blood. You can also take echinea herbal extract, garlic tablets, and andrographis tablets.
It is also best to consult with your physician. Your doctor may also give you a couple of antibiotics to help ease the pain.
Having an abscess can cause a lot of pain and shame so learning how to get rid of an abscess is necessary. Just try the remedies contained in this article and you’ll get rid of the abscess right away.