The symptoms of skin abscesses include:
- Hard of firm swelling under the skin
- Warmth or redness
- Pain in the affected area
Abscesses can also develop inside an organ. The symptoms of internal abscesses can also vary depending on which part of the body it develops. But, here are the general and most common symptoms of internal abscesses:
- Fever (also read: How to Tell if You Have a Fever)
- Vomiting (also read: How to Get Rid of Nausea)
- Increased sweating
- Weight loss or loss of appetite
Specific remedies are applied based on which part of the body the abscess develops. Here’s how to get rid of an abscess on the skin:
- If you have a small skin abscess, applying a warm compress to the affected area for about thirty minutes will help. But, you need to do this four times daily until the abscess disappears.
- Do not press on the abscess. This can push the bacteria deeper into your skin tissues.
- Avoid sticking a sharp object such as a needle into the abscess. This can injure the underlying blood vessel and it can cause the infection to spread.
- Mix a tablespoon of honey with a small amount of flour and apply it on the affected area.
- Mix around 3 to 5 drops of tea tree oil with three tablespoons of water. Dip a cotton ball into the mixture and apply it on the affected area.
If the sore is larger than one centimetre in diameter, you have to go to the doctor right away. Also, if you have diabetes, or cancer, it is best to consult your physician right away.